Friday, January 14, 2011

The first 5 days of this, so called, adventure...

Okay, so Josh starts on his 'Primal eating' and wanting to be like our ancient ancestors. He has talked about it for quite some time now and I have been on his side all the way. Josh is the kind of man who reads something and digs deeper to figure everything out. He really got hooked on phonics- or should I say Mark Sisson? It has been a long time in the making that josh has wanted to redefine his body on a better image- and totally stand behind him, because that is also what I want for myself. Anywho, We wake up on January 9, 2011 and We decide to start this trek into Primal land. Now josh knows everything he needs to about this new lifestyle we will be creating right? So I have to listen to everything he says- most times more than once:)- and then I am supposed to suck in the information and try to alter the way I look at my food- easy enough.

Okay, Day one- smooth, mostly, there was a little bit of difficulty giving up toast and jam, but I think we settled very nicely on eggs and a ton o' bacon.
           Day two- smoother. I didn't feel the need to eat anything except what was on my list (yes, josh has a mental list of things that can and connot be consumed- and trust me, the 'cannot' side is much larger) So, altogether, the day as a definite plus.
           Day three- no challenges. Went very well and there is really nothing to report.
           Day four- Okay really? no brownies? cookies? but but but..... damnation! We cleaned out the pantry and gave our- in my past opinion-delicious food to our neighbor. I was sad, but I know it all went to a good home. However, after the cold turkey in my gut, we went shopping. I don't know if you all realize this, but good food is soooooooo expensive. It was my paycheck and the only thing Josh said in his defense was, "that's just how it is..." Yeah, right?! Well, let me just say, there was a nice warm couch for him to sleep on when we got home (: Okay, the couch is too small for his 5 feet 11 inches..... small couch, I know...
            Day five- started off fine. Today I went to work with a stomach full of eggs and bacon, and I didn't feel bad. However, half way through my day, it hits. That's right. The 'why-the-hell-am-I-not-eating-that?' hit me...and let me say, boy does it hit hard. For the last three hours of work I was in a stage of confusion, anger, irritated-ness, and annoyed-ness. I was not a happy little girl. WHOA! You have no idea what an unhappy Jordan looks like. It wasn't until I got home that josh decides to tell me about how for the first two or three weeks we would get the CARB FLU! He says, "when you get that feeling that you need to eat whatever it is that is in front of you and not on the diet...fight it!". And in the back of my mind I am thinking, "Too late! The goldfish were calling my name so seductively...i couldn't stop." Then he asks why I have a dreamy look on my face and, of course, I have to tell my future husband the truth- well, you know, up until we actually get married; just kidding honey (:

Oh, I just want to point out that the only reason I am making these entries short and sweet is to make it easy for you  - and me to catch up on the days I couldn't write in the blog- mostly, because it wasn't created! Anywho, when I start typing daily...I will do my best to explain in deeper detail. (:  okay, that was day one through five! Ill talk to you aging soon my dearies! (:

.:The Wife:.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment